Sign Production Specialist
Signgrafx is looking for a Sign Production Specialist who possesses the maturity, passion, and energy to collaborate with our growing team. We need someone who can create graphics that excite and inspire but can appreciate there is also a place for simple, clean, and eye-catching designs. The Graphic Designer and Production Specialist has a dual role working in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment to design, manufacture, and assemble sign and graphic products that meet customer requirements. In the computer room, this position is responsible for creating computer generated vinyl and/or full color graphics output that can be printed, weeded, and mounted to a substrate. This process may involve various levels of artistic creativity that ultimately leads to a completed design created from customer drawings, logos, and other art files. In the production room, this position is responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from the cut and wide format printed vinyl output. Sign assembly includes preparing substrates and applying the vinyl or other media according to written instructions and approved proofs. Also, setting up and operating the laminator for over-laminating and mounting of these digital imaged products is required. Proofreading signs and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs is critically important.
- Interacting with the sales team to understand project specifications.
- Creating full-color computer-generated graphics in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Provide proofs and renderings for customer approval that layout the sign design and specify sign sizing, graphics and text.
- Operating large-format printers, laminators, vinyl cutters, and saws
- Print graphics and text on wide format printer and/or cut graphics and text using a vinyl plotter.
- Applying vinyl graphics to rigid substrates (plastics and metals), vehicles, and windows
- Weed excess vinyl from computer generated prints and/or cut images using exacto blades or similar.
- Prepare substrates for application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, or cleaning the substrate using hand tools and light power tools.
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating and/or mounting of vinyl graphics on substrate.
- Manufacture and assemble signs using basic power tools to include adding decorative and/or installation hardware to substrates.
- Produce apparel and promotional items using Heat press and HTV.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards.
- Maintain all equipment including computers, plotters, laminators and printers in good working order.
- Maintain design and production rates that meet or exceed established standards and customer requirements.
- Identify and implement efficiency improvements that minimize waste, reduce costs, and shorten lead times.
- Install signs and graphics in the field (vehicles, windows, exterior and interior walls) as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed such as answering the phone, helping at the front counter, consulting with customers, housekeeping, etc.
- Strong portfolio showcasing renderings and graphics.
- Ability to work through edits and multiple iterations.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and submit deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work from architectural drawings, sketches, and photographs.
- Ability to provide consultative sales to customer to drive additional sales and referrals.
- Ability to understand sign visibility as it relates to size and color.
- Ability to apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Apparel and Promotional Items
EXPERT IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- Adobe Creative Suites (Specifically Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Flexi Production Manager
- PMS Color Match
IDEAL CANDIDATES WOULD ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Heat Press
- Flexi Design
- CNC router
- Fletcher wall cutter