What are Custom Window Shades?
Custom Window Shades are a revolutionary type of signage, which take advantage of the often underused advertising space of windows. Custom Window Shades are essentially your standard roller shades, with any design or image you want to be printed on the shade material. Signgrafx.com uses two different types of proprietary shade material: Opaque and See-Through. Our See-Through shades block about 40% of light and heat from getting through your windows and are one-way see-through. Our Opaque shades block about 70% of light and heat, and cannot be seen through.
- Design online from pre-made customizable templates.
- Printed Shades are $12.99 per sq ft.
- Perforated or Opaque Material.
- Up to 72″ wide.
- Upload your own images and pick your own colors.
- No special software needed.
- Most Order Ship in 48 hours.
These Companies Have Trusted Relationships With SignGrafx:
Custom Window Shades FAQ
1. What is a Custom Window Shade?
Custom printed window shades are a SignGrafx exclusive. A window shade that allows you to put any image or customized message on a functional commercial proven window shade system. Our window shades have been used in a wide variety of retail environments for a number of different reasons. The window shade can help you cut down on light pollution, keeps your location cooler by blocking thermal radiation, and allows you another avenue in which to brand your store.
All you have to do is provide the graphics and the dimensions, and we can build a product suited to your needs. You can choose to install your window shade inside the millions, outside the millions, in a hanging or horizontally installed position. You can choose from opaque or non-opaque materials and you can stretch one image across multiple windows (as shown at left) for a truly unique effect.
2. What Is The Maximum Size I Can Order?
Typically storefront window areas are between 36″ and 71″ And our setup is meant to handle these as expeditiously as possible. But, if you have windows that are larger than this, it is still possible that we can produce these shades for you, too. You will certainly need to call us ( 1-800-392-9860 ) to discuss your window’s dimensions and goals.
3. Caring For Your Custom Window Shade
Caring for your new SignGrafx custom window shade is a snap. If you want to wash your window shade, simply remove it from its mounting clips and clean it with mild soapy water and a cloth. Don’t use harsh chemical cleaners, rubbing alcohol, or solvents to clean your shade as this may have a detrimental effect on your custom graphic. If you are unsure about your cleaning, test in an inconspicuous area and evaluate.
4. Custom Window Shades That Are Not See-Thru?
If you desire a custom window shade that is not see through, we can certainly accommodate this as well. Custom Window Shades from Signgrafx can be made to be 100% opaque as well. They will NOT be blackout curtains but they will have no perforations that allow a certain amount of light in. Just choose the opaque shade option when you design online and you’ll be all set!
5. Are The Window Shades Safe For Food Prep Areas?
Yes! One of the major industries that have taken advantage of our custom window shades has been in the foodservice industry. Your window shades will be a perfect fit in this sort of environment due to their ability to be easily cleaned and the fact that they are completely hypo-allergenic.
Printed Window Shade Materials
SignGrafx Perforated Window Shades:
- Block 40% light transmission: add light to a room without harsh sunlight.
- Hypo-allergenic, and easily cleaned for an allergy free space.
- Security personnel can see through shades at night.
- Food Safe: used in food prep areas around the world.
- People indoors can still see out the window in daylight.
- Made from SignGrafx’ exclusive vinyl coated fabric.
- Pull string clutch system.
SignGrafx Opaque Window Shades:
- Block 70% of ambient light: diffused glow in direct sunlight.
- Not 100% blackout, but will block more light than the perforated.
- Cannot be seen through at night or in daylight.
- Block more heat from the sun.
- Made from SignGrafx’ exclusive osnaburg backed vinyl coated fabric.
- Pull string clutch system.
Quality Products from SignGrafx
Whether you choose the perforated material or the opaque, you can be sure you’re going to get a quality product from SignGrafx. The perforated window shade material was developed by SignGrafx in the 1990s for the foodservice industry and has been used in fast food and fine dining locations around the US and the world. The fact that the product transmits some light can be seen through by security personnel at night and is hypoallergenic has made this window shade material a winning product for over a decade.
Based on customer inquiries we developed an opaque window shade material as well. This material is fire rated, blocks more light without being block-out and has a cloth feel to it. This product has been used by interior designers around the nation to create unique and personal design details in storefronts as well as homes. If you need help deciding which product to choose, give us a call at 1-800-392-9860 and we can help you make the right choice for your situation.